How to Maintain Cast Iron Wok 该怎么保养铸铁锅呢 | By Sheely Cookware
They can adapt to different types of cooking and are fully environmentally friendly.
- They act like non-stick pans when seasoned well.
- Cast iron pans keep food from burning and are easy to maintain.
- It has been beneficial for contributing healthy iron for healthy nutrients intake.
- Cast iron pans require less oil.
- They are tough, durable and everlasting.
- Cast iron pans are safer than many modern pieces of cookware with good temperature containment. You can cook on high heat.
- Water is the number one enemy of cast iron pans, so don’t leave them in the sink. Wash them as soon as you finish cooking with them. They don’t usually require much scrubbing since food particles easily come off and any burnt on food can be scraped off with a metal or wood spatula.
- After drying the pan with a dish towel, place it on high heat. Dip a paper towel in coconut or any vegetable oil and rub the hot pan with. When it starts to smoke, rub with the oiled paper towel again and then switch off the stove. Store in a dry place, but there’s no harm in stacking cast iron cookware.
- The more you use the cast iron pan for frying, searing and baking, the better the non-stick layer of seasoning would become. You can buy pre-seasoned cast iron pans now, but seasoning them again a few times as explained above would improve their performance.